Nevada Farm Bureau is a membership organization. We have farmer/rancher members and associate members. Nevada Farm Bureau is comprised of county Farm Bureaus. When you become a Farm Bureau member you are joining your local county Farm Bureau. As the largest agricultural advocacy organization in Nevada, we are the voice of Nevada agriculture. Farm Bureau gives farmers and ranchers a voice.
There are many benefits to being a Farm Bureau member:
- Lobbying at the Nevada Legislature is our top priority during the legislative session. We protect farmers and ranchers against laws that could potentially have a negative effect of their ability to be in agriculture. We also lobby at local level, i.e., county commissions, city councils, etc.
- Policy development – We offer farmers and ranchers the opportunity to create policy. Farm Bureau policy guides the organization through our lobbying efforts. Only farmer/rancher members can create and vote on policy.
- Leadership Development – Nevada Farm Bureau has two programs that enable members to participate in activities and become active leaders in Farm bureau. The programs are Young Farmers & Ranchers and Women’s Leadership Committee.
- Communication – Farmer/rancher members receive a monthly magazine style publication,Agriculture & Livestock Journal, which contains news and information about county Farm Bureau, Nevada Farm Bureau, policy, committees, and general agricultural news.
- Membership Advantage – All Nevada Farm Bureau members receive money saving benefits that add exceptional value to a Farm Bureau membership. Companies that offer Farm Bureau members discounts and incentives include GM, Grainger, Choice Hotels, Enterprise Rent-a-Car, and more. View all Membership Advantages!